Did you know that February is Responsible Pet Owner Month?
This month celebrates all of us who are responsible pet owners and all who take the care of animals seriously. During the month of February, we celebrate our pets with love and kindness, not just for this month but for our whole lives. They love us unconditionally. Help support a happy life for all pets by spreading the word on how to be a responsible pet owner.
Common Responsible Pet Ownership Guidelines
- Spay and neuter your pet.
- Provide proper identification for your pet through microchips and/or ID tags
- Provide your pet with proper nutrition.
- Train your pet well.
- Provide proper veterinarian care for your pet, including routine checkups and following proper vaccine protocol.
- Provide a safe environment for your pet to live in.
- Provide proper exercise for your pet.
- Love your pet. Unconditionally all the time, just like they love you.
- Provide proper grooming for your pet. Brush, bathe and, brush those teeth.
- Clean up after your pet. Scoop the poop!
Featured Dog- Lilith
Approx 6 years old. Very gentle loving dog. Loves to play fetch- brings it back so you can throw the toy again. She does well on a leash going on walks. She came to the shelter when the owner could no longer care for her.
Other available dogs
Leah-Super active. Loves to go on walks and play with toys. She is a people dog
Bandit- Super nice dog. Shy. Loves going on walks and being with people
Puppies Approx 3 months old Scooby & Fred Heeler/cattle dog/pit blends. Friendly and love to play. They are pictured on https://www.facebook.com/MesquiteNVAnimalcontrol
Featured cat- Sabrina
The long-haired lady came to the shelter when the owner could not care for her any longer. She loves to be brushed and is currently on a diet to get her into that summer swimsuit shape. She would do best in a quiet home with no children.
Other available cats
Sugar Friendly, loves being brushed. Large size lady currently on a diet and exercise program
Monty has Beautiful markings. Very talkative likes sitting beside you and being petted
If you’d like to visit with our adoptable pets, PLEASE CALL TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT (702) 346-5268. The shelter is open, but an appointment is required prior to arrival. Thank you!